Adoption Amplifier explained
- Get HEX directly during the 351 days. No middlemen with their fees and friction.
- If you don't already hold BTC, it's probably better to use AA instead of FreeClaim. It's likely you'll get more HEX that way. If you already hold BTC, you should use both. You can hold BTC for the snapshot. Then sell it for ETH and join the AA lobby day 1 and FreeClaim day 2.
- The AdoptionAmplifier(AA) mints HEX for people that want to transform ETH into HEX. Send your ETH to the lobby. Daily, your % of the ETH sent to the lobby transforms into the same % of the HEX available that day. Day 1 mints 1 Billion HEX. Days 2-351 mint ~500 million, decreasing as low as ~300 million if all FreeClaims possible are made. Day 351 is the last day AA runs, giving everyone time to get staked for the giant lump sum payout to stakers on day 353. Users Referred to AA get a 10% bonus minted and their referrer gets a 20% bonus minted. HEX from AA aren't AutoStaked like FreeClaimed HEX are. There is no 350 day minimum stake length on HEX from AA. HEX from AA can EmergencyEndStake whenever they like. FreeClaimed HEX can't EmergencyEndStake before their stake is 350 days old.
- It could be wise to put some ETH in AA every day. You might get lucky and have few other people join that day, giving you a great bargain.
Why is AA so important?
- To onboard the 99% of the world that didn't have BTC at the snapshot.
- Referrers can't get people to time travel back to before snapshot to buy BTC to FreeClaim with. They can onboard users to AA.
- Onboarding more users globally with no middlemen is massively important. Probably 10x adoption. More on ramps = more adoption.
- People do not want free things for free. People want expensive things for free. People need to be Invested emotionally. That means sacrifice something of value, or watch the nest egg for a year grow.
Which is the cheaper way to get HEX day 1? AA vs FreeClaim
- Since referrer/referee bonuses apply the same to AA and FreeClaims, they cancel out when comparing the two. SpeedBonus only affects FreeClaims.
- Thus day 1 FreeClaim of 1 BTC= 12,000 HEX (10k base +20% SpeedBonus)
- Day 1 AA = 1B HEX
- 1B HEX / X = 12,000 HEX
- X = 1B HEX / 12,000 HEX = 83,333
- Which means day 1 AA has 83,333 worth of FreeClaimed BTC in it.
- Now, you must answer for yourself, what does it cost you to buy a bitcoin, and sell it back? And the risk of the price moving against you? Write a RoundTripCost in $ per a BTC.
- RoundTripCost * 83,333 = Total $ of ETH, if sent to AA, makes FreeClaiming cheaper than AA day 1.
- Now Guess how many $ of ETH you think will join AA day, and you'll know which way is cheaper.
- Now, there's other days than just the first day. And you can get in at the last minute to get a better idea what ratio you'll transform at.
- Days 2-351 mint less, equal to 1/350th the unclaimed HEX.
- AA has to be seeded because WAAS (unclaimed coins) don't exist day 1. Appears after first day of claims leave unclaimed coins.
- AA has to start a day early because it transforms ETH to HEX at the end of day. This synchronizes Claim & AA Stake Start times.
- The first thing to launch is the Adoption Amplifier (because it settles at end of day) and that synchronizes amplifiers with free claimers, so they can both start their stakes at the same time. Getting in the first AA period can be done over the day.
- Now, on day 2, when free claimers and AA guys are both getting their HEX and staking it, they're all staking it at the same price, because the price doesn't ratchet until someone ends stake.
- As long as you get in the first day, you will be on the same footing as everyone else that did.
Larger pie beats larger slice of smaller pie
- More users makes HEX more valuable.
- The metric that matters most is onboarding new users. A larger pie outperforms a larger slice of a smaller pie. You can 1000x adoption. You can't 1000x your pie (if you own 1/10 of 1 % already)